HORRIBLE DESTRUCTION IN NUMBERS
Since the beginning of the Jewish military state’s genocidal campaign against Gaza in which it has performed 40.000 “raids” and dropped more tonnes of explosives than in the entire Vietnam War, it has destroyed:
power plant and fuel tank,
at least 15 power lines
Sewage treatment plant
Numerous water lines and water tanks
Mobile network (Jawwal)
Ministry of Finance building destroyed
Ministry of Agriculture building destroyed
Ministry of Interior
2 branches of Islamic National Bank (Gaza City, and Khan Younis)
Gaza port and many fishing boats
- 7500 houses destroyed
- 74 mosques levelled
- 170 organisations destroyed
- 152 educational institutions destroyed
Healthcare facilities/personnel: (as of 27 July)
- 6 hospitals and 10 PHC clinics were damaged,
- 34 health facilities were closed,
- 12 ambulances were damaged,
- 38 health personnel injured,
- 2 pharmacists,
- 3 paramedics,
- 1 assistant pharmacist,
- 1 Labs and blood bank manager.
- 1 nurse,
- 1 administration manager died after Israeli airstrikes hit sites in their immediate vicinity / nearby land
Media (from IFJ):
- al-Shorouq building (Al-Aqsa TV station, in the Alnaser neighbourhood of Gaza)
- Al-Aqsa radio station (in the El-Sheikh Radwan neighbourhood in northern Gaza.)
- National Media agency – the offices were destroyed
- Wattan Radio station – the offices were destroyed
- Aljazeera TV Channel – bullets were fired at the offices and staff were forced to evacuate
The media workers who have been killed are: (as of 25 July)
- Hamid Shehab, who worked for 24 Media, and was killed by a rocket while driving a car in the Gaza Strip area on the night of 9 July. The car was parked outside Shehab’s house when it was hit and it was clearly marked as a press vehicle.
- Mohammed Smirir, who worked for Gaza Now website, and was killed in an Israeli war jet bombardment on Deir Albalah town, south of the Gaza Strip on 11 July.
- Khaled Hamed, 25, who worked for Ray News Agency, and was shot dead while covering Israeli military operations in the Shochaeyah Gaza neighbourhood on Sunday 20 July.
- Abdurrahman Abu Hina, who worked for Alkitab TV, and was killed by an Israeli bomb which destroyed his house on 23 July. His brother and grandfather were also killed in the attack.
Other media workers who have suffered injuries include:
- Ziad Awad, who worked for Nabaa News Agency, and was hit in the head by shrapnel while working in the field.
- Mahmoud Alloh, who worked for Wattan Radio Station, and was hit in the chest by shrapnel while working in the field.
- Sami Thabit, who worked for Palestine Today TV, and was hit in the chest by shrapnel while working in the field.
- Anas Abu Meiliq, who worked for Anadol News Agency, and was hit in the leg by shrapnel while working in the field.
- Ahmad Shayah, who worked for Alkitab TV and Media Town Agency, and was hit in the face by shrapnel while working in the field.
- Mohammed Masharawi, who worked for Media Town Agency, and was hit in the hand by shrapnel while working in the field.
- Suhair Kharaz, a female journalist who worked for the Ray News Agency, and was hit in the shoulder and leg by shrapnel while in her house which was destroyed.
Citizens of Gaza:
- 1210+ dead, mainly civilians
- 7000+ wounded
- 215000 displaced, (1 in 5 people)
$3 billion lost from Gaza’s meagre economy as of 22 July
Agriculture (as of 17 July – Arabic): $24 million