Damage to house in Sderot from Gaza rocket

20 Gaza rockets strike Israel


RESISTANCE ACTIVE – IRON DOME INEFFECTIVE
Numerous experts have weighed in on the fact that “Iron dome” is junk and ineffective, but the numbers tell the story. By the IOF’s own count, the ratio of resistance projectiles reaching occupied Palestine to those it claims are “intercepted” is 49:10, which is incredibly poor performance. Just a note – there has been at least two Israeli casualties, one that was announced before this article was published and several soldiers who have been buried at night and a gag-order placed on reporting.

15 July, 2014 Anadolu Agency

Deputy Hamas leader Moussa Abu Marzouq said his group was still mulling the initiative after having initially rejected it.

A total of 20 rockets from the Gaza Strip hit southern Israel on Tuesday evening, Israeli sources have said.

The latest salvo brings the number of rockets fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel since 6am GMT Tuesday – when an Egypt-brokered ceasefire was meant to go into effect – to more than 60.

Earlier Tuesday, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the government had decided to resume its air offensive against the Gaza Strip after Palestinian factions rejected Egypt’s ceasefire proposal.

“After Hamas and PIJ [Palestinian Islamic Jihad] rejected the Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and launched dozens of rockets at Israel, we resumed operations in Gaza,” Ofir Gendelman tweeted on Tuesday.

“Hamas’ rejection of the ceasefire gives Israel full legitimacy to expand the operation to protect our people,” he added.

Earlier Tuesday, the Israeli army said via Twitter that the decision to resume its air offensive had followed the launch of 47 rockets by Hamas since 6am GMT.

Deputy Hamas leader Moussa Abu Marzouq said his group was still mulling the initiative after having initially rejected it.

Islamic Jihad, for its part, dismissed the proposal outright, saying it “failed to meet Palestinian demands.”

Cairo’s initiative calls on Israel to cease all hostilities in the Gaza Strip, halt all ground operations and refrain from targeting civilians, according to an Egyptian Foreign Ministry statement.

It also calls on Gaza-based resistance factions to cease hostilities against Israel, halt rocket fire and cross-border attacks and stop targeting civilians.

The overture further calls for reopening Gaza’s closed border crossings and facilitating the movement of persons and goods in and out of the embattled coastal territory.

At least 194 Palestinians have been killed and more than 1400 others injured in unrelenting Israeli airstrikes on the embattled Gaza Strip since Monday of last week.

Gaza-based resistance factions, meanwhile, have continued to fire rockets at Israeli cities in response to ongoing Israeli bombardments.

No Israeli fatalities have been reported thus far as a result of rocket fire from Gaza.

Leave a Reply (Comments are moderated)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s